Acne can be quite frustrating. From teenagers to adults, acne spares none. And the inevitable result of acne is scarring. Some acne scars can be permanent, while some acne scars lighten over time. There are treatments from a professional level to home remedies to treat acne. And in the same way, the prices also vary. Sometimes these professional treatments can be quite expensive. For a more affordable treatment, you can use the best facial wash for acne scars available in the market to treat the acne scars. Here we discuss some of the tips to treat acne scars.
- Sun protection: A lot of our skin problems are due to the sun. So, it’s very important to protect our skin from the sun and you can start doing that by wearing sunscreens daily. Wearing a high SPF sunscreen is very important for the skin. It not only prevents the skin from UV rays, but it also lessens the worsening of the skin during scarring treatment. Acne-prone skin should mainly search for sunscreens that are oil free, as some sunscreens can trap the oil underneath the pores, which can lead to breakouts.
- Retinol: Retinol is the Holy Grail in skincare. It is scientifically proven that retinols can reverse skin damage due to scars. It is present in anti-aging creams, gels and serums. It promotes collagen production in the skin, which helps with acne scars. But retinol is a very potent ingredient so, it’s better to use it in a very low concentration at first. If used correctly, retinol can bring a lot of benefits. Also, retinol should be mainly applied during the nighttime.
- Home remedy like green tea: Home remedies are not that effective in acne-scar treatment like the chemical ones. But due to certain ingredients in green tea, it can be beneficial to a certain extent. Applying green tea directly on the skin reduces inflammation and lightens the acne scars. Although these facts are not proven by science yet, multiple studies have found positive results.
- Chemical Exfoliation: Exfoliation can be a great way to treat physical scarring. They work by removing the layer of dead skin cells in our skin and help our skin to create new skin cells. Exfoliation maintains and rejuvenates our skin. Few excellent examples of chemical exfoliators are salicylic acid and glycolic acid. But, you should be a little wary of using physical exfoliators like scrubs because they may sometimes damage your skin.
- Lactic acid: It is one of the chemicals that smoothes the texture of the skin. Acne products generally contain lactic acid but it’s in diluted form. It peels all the dead skin cells and leaves us with fresh and glowy skin. Before incorporating lactic acid in your skincare routine, make sure to do a patch test, as some people have quite adverse reactions to it.
In addition to the above discussed tips to treat acne scars, you can also use face wash for acne marks. The face wash will assist to lighten your acne marks.